Skip to product information
1 of 11

1960's German Industrial Factory / Office Clocks By Peter Behrens For Siemens

1960's German Industrial Factory / Office Clocks By Peter Behrens For Siemens

Regular price $213.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $213.00 USD
Sale Sold out
Tax included.
1960s German industrial factory / office clocks by Peter Behrens for Siemens.
These clocks were used in factories, stations & government offices.
Clocks are all expertly restored & converted to run on a high torque battery movement.
Metallic steel frame with steel clock face & unique clock hands which were renowned for Siemens clocks.
Free UK Shipping.

Width 28cm, Depth 3cm.


Siemens & Halske AG (or Siemens-Halske) was a German electrical engineering company that later became part of Siemens. Founded in 1847 as Telegraphen-Bauanstalt von Siemens & Halske by Werner von Siemens and Johann Georg Halske. The company, located in Berlin-Kreuzberg, specialised in manufacturing electrical telegraphs according to Charles Wheatstone's patent of 1837. In 1848, the company constructed one of the first European telegraph lines from Berlin to Frankfurt am Main. Siemens & Halske was not alone in the realm of electrical engineering. In 1887, Emil Rathenau had established Allgemeine Elektrizitäts-Gesellschaft (AEG), which became a long-time rival.

In 1881, Siemens & Halske built the Gross-Lichterfelde Tramway, the world's first electric streetcar line, in the southwestern Lichterfelde suburb of Berlin, followed by the Mödling and Hinterbrühl Tram near Vienna, the first electrical interurban tram in Austria-Hungary. 1882 saw the opening of the experimental "Elektromote" track, an early trolleybus concept in the Berlin suburb of Halensee. The rising popularity of telegraphs & electrical tramways, as well as in generators and electric motors, ensured steady growth for Siemens & Halske.

Werner von Siemens retired in 1890, while Johann Georg Halske had already left the company in 1867. Werner von Siemens' brother Karl Heinrich, together with Werner's sons Arnold and Georg Wilhelm, grew the firm and erected new Siemens & Halske premises along the banks of the western Spree river, in the Berlin suburb of Charlottenburg, in 1897. The firm's vast new site continued to grow, and from 1899 onwards it was known as Siemensstadt.


Many of the items we have for sale are all from what we refer to as " Real Life ", they were all made for use & purpose. There will always be signs of use & aging which we think gives each item its individuality & personal charm. We clean & repair but we always try our best to keep everything in its original state. We will always give you a good idea of condition & especially highlight anything that we consider may have aesthetic or structural concern.

You are more than welcome to purchase this item in person & pick it up from our London based workshop.

International buyers will need to check with their local authorities to see if any customs & import taxes are applicable. Any additional customs & tax payments are the responsibility of the buyer.

We can not be held responsible for delays due to customs.

View full details